Most of the hard candies can melt and stick to your carpet fibre. This will not only leave stubborn melted candy stains but will also make it difficult to remove melted candy out of your carpet completely. Of course, companies offering carpet cleaning in Melbourne can do the magic. You can try removing melted candy stains with some tried and tested carpet cleaning methods.
- The first thing you need to do before applying any candy stain remover method is to remove the candy from the carpet. Take an ice cube and put it on the candy. This will make it easy for you to chip off the candy.
- Take a butter knife or spatula and scrub off the remaining candy from the carpet surface.
- Take a spray bottle to make a candy stain remover mixture. Mix warm water with liquid dish soap and shake the spray bottle well to make a cleaning solution.
- Spray the cleaning solutions on the melted candy stains, take a clean cloth and immediately press it down on the stained area after spraying the cleaning solution on it. Keep it pressed for 30 to 40 seconds.
- After lifting the cloth from the stain, let the cleaning solution sit and work on the stains for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take some paper towels and blot the melted candy stains.
- Rinse off the area with water to remove excess soap from the carpet.
- Let the carpet gets completely dry before using it.
- Put the stained area under the tap and run cold water or water at room temperature. This will help in removing residues of melted candy from the carpet. It will also saturate the melted candy stains.
- In the next step of this method of carpet cleaning Melbourne, create a melted candy stain removal solution by mixing one cup of water and 1 teaspoon of the liquid dishwasher.
- Pour the candy stain remover directly on the stained area to make a thick layer. This will help in reducing your cleaning efforts by breaking the particles of the melted candy stains.
- Take a microfiber cloth or a sponge and start rubbing the stain in a circular manner. You must be gentle-handed while scrubbing the candy stains.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in cold water. Press this cloth on the stained area for 10 to 20 seconds and then lift it.
- Wring this cloth in cold water and repeat the process of pressing on the melted candy stains. This step of carpet cleaning Melbourne will transfer residues of melted candy and soap from the carpet to the cloth. Repeat this process until the cloth starts coming out clean.
- Take a dry cloth to blot dry the carpet.
You can try any of these two melted candy stain remover methods and it will do the magic for you.