Parties are fun and as the holiday season has started now, the number of parties will be increased. You must be hosting one party at home. At a party, the spillage of food and drinks is obvious. It becomes too tough to remove these stains, especially champagne or white wine stains on the carpet. Think about a situation when you are spending the whole day on Christmas or holiday cleaning, host an amazing party, and then see white wine stains on the carpet which are giving you a hard time. Sound upsetting? Worry not. Read on to learn about an effective guide that will help you remove white wine stains from carpet easily.
If you see champagne or white wine getting spilled on the carpet, you must act immediately. Grab a clean dry cloth or paper towels and try to absorb all wine immediately. You can dab the towel on the area where white wine is spilled. You can also use some water and dab it to absorb the white wine without any delay. This will save all the hard work you may have done on Christmas cleaning and will also not convert spill into the stain. On the other hand, if you could not act faster due to any reason, you can follow this expert guide to deal with the white wine stain on the carpet which is given below:
- Clean and dry towels
- Baking soda
- Vacuum cleaner
- Liquid soap or carpet stain cleaning solution
How To Get White Wine Stains Out Of The Carpet?
If you have not handled the white wine spill immediately, then it will be converted into stubborn stains. You will need to put in the time and effort to handle these stains. Thus, be patient and follow the following cleaning process:
- Take a clean dry towel or a sponge and try to blot off the liquid as much as you can if it is still moist.
- Pour baking soda on the carpet area that has white wine stains. Let it sit for 10 minutes. The baking soda will absorb the wetness from the affected area.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to vacuum the baking soda from the area.
- Spray liquid soap mixed with water or carpet cleaning solution on the affected area.
- Take a clean dry cloth and soak up the stain. Use the dab method to absorb the liquid. Never ever rub the carpet else it will push stains deep into the carpet fiber.
- Let the carpet get dry completely.
This method will remove the white wine stains from the carpet. If it does not, you need to repeat the process again. The carpet cleaning may take more time and effort to remove the stains of white wine as the stains might be stubborn. If you still see the stains, call the professionals to deal with them.