Professional carpet cleaning services have their own role in keeping your carpet, clean and hygienic, but some people love DIY carpet cleaning hacks. And why not? DIY carpet cleaning is cheap and convenient in many cases. Even if you prefer using professional carpet cleaning services, knowing major tips and secrets of DIY carpet cleaning hacks can be your rescue and stop making the situation worst.
1. Scrubbing can be bad
- A majority of Australians have a habit of frantically scrubbing the spill or stain to get rid of it. But, the thing is, it does more harm than good.
- Scrubbing can spread the stain and make the situation worst.
- Scrubbing can push the stain into the fibre to make it difficult to remove with any other DIY carpet cleaning methods.
2. Water is not an effective cleaner for fresh stains
- If stains are fresh, water can dilute the stain and according to people, make it easier to remove the stains.
- According to the companies offering professional carpet cleaning services, this can spread the stain and increase the hard work of getting rid of it.
- The best way to clean the fresh stain is to blot clean it with clean, dry, and white cloth or paper towels.
3. Be conscious while using baking powder
- Many DIY carpet cleaning hacks use baking powder, especially, as a deodoriser for a carpet.
- The DIY hacks mention dusting baking powder generously.
- The issue here is that many people dust too much baking powder, which damages the carpet or upholstery.
4. Using bleaching agents as stain removal
- Some articles recommend using strong bleaching agents to remove stains and receive results like professional carpet cleaning services.
- Bleaching agents discolour the surface, whether it is a carpet or upholstered furniture.
- Bleaching agents also affect the fibre and make its condition worse.
- As per the experts, it is always good to avoid using bleach on the carpet.
- Even if you want to use it as per your favourite DIY carpet cleaning methods, you must use bleach in diluted form.
- You must also spot test the bleach in an inconspicuous area.
5. Focus on regular cleaning
- It is always good to keep the habit of keeping your furniture and household items clean instead of waiting till visible stains start appearing on the carpet.
- Vacuum clean the carpet at least twice a week.
- Use the right attachments for routine vacuum cleaning.
6. Keep it dry
- Avoid spilling water knowingly or unknowingly.
- Protect your furniture, upholstery, etc. from getting wet or moisture because it can grow mould, mildew and other pollutants.
Keep these 6 magical carpet cleaning tips in mind to effectively use DIY carpet cleaning hacks.
Contact Toms Carpet Cleaning for professional services in Melbourne.