Hair dye usually has chemicals that not only stain your carpet or upholstery but also discolour it or change its colour, which would be the worst thing to deal with. The good news is you can get hair dye stain out of the carpet with the right cleaning method without using a carpet stain removal service.
1. White Vinegar and Mix Dish Soap
This cleaning hack helps in getting hair dye out of carpet without using any harsh chemicals.
- 1 cup of warm water
- ½ tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tbsp dishwashing liquid
- A bowl
- Clean white cloth
- Take a bowl and mix white vinegar, dishwashing liquid and warm water.
- Take a clean, white cloth and moisten it with this cleaning solution.
- Use the moistened cloth to dab and clean the hair dye stains to saturate the stain.
- Take the dry side of the cloth or another clean, white cloth to dab and clean the area. The dry cloth will start lifting off hair dye. If required, pour some cleaning solution on the stained area using a cloth.
- Once the stain stops coming out, take a sponge and damp it into the water. Remove excess water to keep it damp and not wet.
- Use the damped sponge to clean the cleaning solution.
2. Rubbing Alcohol
- Spray bottle
- Rubbing alcohol
- Clean cloth
- Pour rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle and spray it directly onto the stained area. This cleaning solution will saturate the stain by breaking its particles.
- Take a clean cloth and blot clean the carpet with it.
This process will give results like professional carpet stain removal service and remove the stains completely
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
It can be the most effective carpet stain removal, but it is very strong and should be used with caution. If you are not confident, avoid using it and use a professional carpet stain removal service.
- 1 teaspoon or a dropper
- Take an eye dropper or a baby dropper to cautiously drop hydrogen peroxide on the stained area. The stain should be covered with this solution.
- Let it sit and work on hair dye stain for a day. You need to ensure that nobody touches the stain during this time.
- After 24 hours, take a wet sponge and blot clean the area.
- Let the carpet dry out before you use it.
- Hydrogen peroxide has to be your last and conscious attempt to get hair dye stain out of the carpet.
- It can fade or discolour the carpet and you may need to recolour it.
These are three effective ways to get hair dye out of the carpet. If still the stains persist, you must use a professional carpet stain removal service.
Read Next Blog: