Car floor covering or carpet getting stained with tar can cause an expensive effect of replacing the flooring or carpet completely. But, fret not as we have some effective tar stain removal hacks that can effectively remove stains from carpet or car flooring.
Tar Stain Removal Guide 1:
- Plastic spoon
- Commercial cleaning agent
- This tar stain removal method will work effectively if you are dealing with fresh tar stains.
- Take a plastic spoon to scoop off tar from the carpet surface.
- Now use any commercial carpet cleaning agent you may have for tar stain removal from carpet. Some of the popular commercial carpet cleaning solutions are WD-40, Brake Cleaner, Folex, etc. You can use any of these cleaning solutions, but if you are using it for the first time, perform spot testing.
- Follow the manufacturer steps of the commercial product you are using to clean tar stains.
Tar Stain Removal Guide 2:
- Clean cloth
- Half cup of warm water
- 2 tsp liquid dish soap
- 2 cups of cold water
- Vacuum cleaner
- Scrape off tar if it has dried out.
- Vacuum clean the carpet to lift up grime to not spread it while performing tar stain removal from carpet.
- Damp a cloth in clean water at room temperature and use this damped cloth to remove as much tar as possible from the surface.
- Mix liquid dish soap in warm water to make a solution. Pour this cleaning solution directly on the stain, but make sure it does not run out else it will stain other areas as well.
- Take a clean cloth or sponge and start cleaning from edges to centre gently to remove tar stains.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in cold water and use it to rinse clean the tar stains.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 if this method does not give effective results in the first attempt.
- Let the affected area air dry before using it again.
Tar Stain Removal Guide 3:
- Clean cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Rubbing alcohol is one of the most effective carpet cleaning agents and it can also help in tar stain removal from carpet.
- Take a clean cloth and damp it in rubbing alcohol. Remember, you need to damp it and not wet it. Applying too much-rubbing alcohol directly on your carpet can damage the carpet.
- Use a damped cloth to clean the stains gently with the blot cleaning method. Continue damping a clean side of the cloth in rubbing alcohol and using it to clean the tar stains.
- Rinse and clean the carpet once the tar stain removal method is complete and the stain disappears.
If still stains are not removed, you must take the help of a professional tar stain cleaner.