Red mud or clay stains are very difficult to remove. Without waiting a bit, you must get your carpet cleaning gears on. If you can call experts for professional carpet cleaning in Melbourne, then it would be a great time and energy saver. The professionals will get the right tools and clay stain remover to efficiently get the mud and stains out of your carpet.
If you are looking for a do it yourself carpet cleaning hack to get rid of clay stains, then here is the DIY hack to remove red clay or mud stains from the carpet:
- Vacuum cleaner
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2 cups of clean water at room temperature
- ¼ cup of ammonia
- Brush or butter knife
- Clean cloth
Carpet Cleaning Steps To Remove Red Clay or Mud Stains
- Use a butter knife or a brush to scrape off the clay from the surface as much as you can in the first step of carpet cleaning in Melbourne. Be gentle while scraping off the mud or clay to ensure you do not damage the carpet fabric.
- Vacuum clean the carpet with the right attachment to lift up scrapped off mud and other loose dirt from the surface.
- Mix white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and shake it well to create a carpet cleaning solution.
- Spray this cleaning solution on the affected area of the carpet for effective clay stain remover. Make it wet with the cleaning solution, so it dilutes the clay stains and removes them.
- Take a clean cloth and start blotting the stain. This will work as an effective clay stain remover technique. It will lift up the clay stain from the carpet. Keep changing the side of the cloth if it gets wet or dirty. Continue until the stained area gets dry and the cloth comes out clean.
If your stain is removed, wash the area with clean water or use a damped cloth to take away carpet cleaning solution from the surface and let it get dry. If your carpet still has stains of the red clay or mud, then continue with the next steps:
- Mix ammonia into one cup of water to create an effective clay stain remover.
- Spray the cleaning solution thoroughly on the stained area.
- Take a clean cloth and start blotting the stain. Keep blotting until your cloth comes out clean.
- This would remove the clay stain completely. Even after these steps of carpet cleaning in Melbourne, you see the red clay or mud stains on the carpet, mix a few drops of white vinegar and water into a spray bottle and spray that cleaning solution on the affected area.
- Take another clean cloth and blot up the stain with it.
This carpet cleaning method will effectively clean red clay and mud stains. If you still see the stains, then call the carpet cleaning experts.