When you are looking for hacks to remove rust stain from the carpet, one thing you need to know is that they are quite annoying stains. You will need to treat rust stain patiently to get rid of them. We will share some effective carpet cleaning hacks that can help you remove rust stains from your carpet.
- The first important step to remove rust stain from the carpet is to remove rust deposits.
- Take a butter knife and scrape off the rust, if there is any.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean the loose dirt.
Cleaning with lemon
- Cover the rust stain by dusting salt on the affected area.
- Slit a fresh lemon into two pieces and squeeze it on the top of the salt-covered rust stain. You must use fresh lemon instead of stored lemon juice or stale lemons.
- Let it work for 5 to 7 minutes, but not more than that.
- Take a clean, white cloth to blot clean the carpet.
If it fails to remove rust stains completely, move to the next method of carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
Use White Vinegar
- White vinegar has a strong acidic property that can help you remove rust stains from carpet effectively.
- For this, pour white vinegar directly on the carpet area that has rust stains.
- Leave it for 40 minutes to break the rust particles and remove the stain completely.
- Take a white, clean cloth and blot clean the stains after 40 minutes. Keep changing the side of the cloth when it gets dirty by lifting the rust stain.
- You can repeat this process 2 to 3 times if it doesn’t remove rust stains in the first attempt.
Use Stain Remover
- You can use stain remover if you still have a stain on the carpet.
- To make an effective carpet cleaning solution to remove rust stains, mix 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp tartar cream, and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide. Make a thick paste using three items.
- Apply this carpet cleaning paste to the rust stain. Do not apply it using your hands. You can use a spoon for this.
- Let it sit for half an hour to remove rust stains effectively from the carpet.
- After 30 minutes, take a clean, white cloth and damp it into the water at room temperature. Use this damp cloth to blot clean the stain for removing paste and stain from your carpet.
These cleaning methods will effectively clean rust stains from the carpet. If rust stain are still visible on your carpet, you must use a professional carpet cleaning service in Melbourne.
- Take a spot test before applying any cleaning method to remove rust stain.
- You must remove the cleaning solution by rinsing or blotting the carpet after using any cleaning method.
- Always let your carpet dry completely before using it.
Contact Toms Carpet Cleaning Melbourne for the same day professional carpet cleaning, steam carpet cleaning and dry cleaning services.