Keeping carpet stain-free is near to impossible. You must always keep your carpet stain removal gears on. One of the nastiest things to witness is having a crayon stain on carpet. But, if you have kids at home, you are likely to witness these stains pretty often.
To help you deal with crayon stains effectively, here are three easy carpet cleaning methods.
- Before starting any of the carpet stain removal methods, you must scrape off the crayon using a dull knife.
- If the crayon doesn’t get out easily, place an ice bag on top of the crayon for some minutes to freeze it. It will help you remove crayon residues easily.
- This method will work only if you are dealing with fresh crayon stains.
- Apply some carpet cleaning liquid directly on the stain.
- Gently scrub out the stain using a sponge.
- Clean the carpet with clean water.
If it is too late when you see crayon stain on the carpet, use any of the below-mentioned methods:
- Take half tbsp liquid dish soap and mix it in one cup of warm water to make a cleaning solution.
- Pour this solution directly on the affected area and leave it for five to seven minutes.
- Take a clean rag and gently clean the carpet to remove the crayon effectively.
- In the last step, rinse the carpet area and let it dry.
- You can repeat this process two to three times if it doesn’t give effective results the first time.
- This carpet stain removal method is for stubborn crayon stains. For this, take some rubbing alcohol and pour it directly on the stained area.
- Leave it for about half an hour to break the particles to make it easier to lift up crayons and stains.
- Take a clean and soft cloth, preferably a white cloth to gently rub the stained area. Rub in a circular manner for more effective results.
- Repeat steps 1to 3 until you see the crayon stain has started disappearing.
- In the last step, rinse the area with water at room temperature and let the carpet dry.
- Mix 1 tbsp liquid dish soap into 1 cup of warm water to make a soapy cleaning solution.
- Dip a clean, white cloth into the carpet stain removal solution prepared in the first step. Wring excess water.
- Put this cloth on the area where you saw a crayon stain on the carpet.
- Heat iron on medium heat and place it over the cloth and press it. Don’t put the iron on the affected area. Press it and lift up the iron. Repeat the process. This process will transfer crayon from the carpet to the cloth. Repeat this process two to four times.
- If you still see the stain, you can sponge clean the stained area. For this, you can use a dry carpet cleaning solvent.