Slime is available in different colours and shapes. It is loved by kids as it gives wings to their creativity. However, for parents often it becomes a major problem area when it falls on the carpet. As the slime is very thick, it is difficult to get the slime out of the carpet.
With some simple carpet cleaning hacks, you can not only remove slime but also get results similar to professional carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
- The first step to getting slime out of carpet is to remove as much slime as possible from the surface.
- Take a spoon and a bowl. Remove slime with a spoon and pour it into the bowl.
- You need to be patient and gentle during this process.
- Take some baby wipes or paper towels to wipe off as much slime as possible.
- Even if you are thinking to use professional carpet cleaning in Melbourne, pre-cleaning steps are necessary.
- Put an ice bag on the affected carpet area to completely dry out the slime residues.
- Once frozen, take a butter knife to scrape off the slime.
- Vacuum clean the carpet to clean your carpet completely.
Carpet cleaning hacks to remove slime stains at home:
Carpet Cleaning Method 1
- Mix a spoon full of vinegar into one bowl of lukewarm water.
- Spray this cleaning solution on the carpet to get the slime out of carpet.
- Let the cleaning solution sit for five minutes on the stain to break the particles and soften slime.
- Take a clean sponge and gently scrub the area to break the slime particles to get it lifted easily.
- Take a clean cloth and blot dry the spot.
- To get results similar to professional carpet cleaning Melbourne, repeat steps 2 to 5 if the stain is still visible. In two to three attempts the slime stains will be removed.
Carpet Cleaning Method 2:
- Take one bowl of lukewarm water. Add 1 teaspoon vinegar and liquid dishwasher in the lukewarm water.
- Pour this cleaning mixture directly on the stain to get the slime out of carpet completely.
- Let it sit for three to five minutes to dissolve slime.
- Take a clean cloth and blot dry the area with it. Repeat this step until the cloth starts coming out clean.
- If still, you witness the stains on the carpet, repeat steps 2 to 4 to experience results like professional carpet cleaning Melbourne.
Carpet Cleaning Method 3:
- Take a clean cloth and moisten it into rubbing alcohol.
- Lay this cloth on the affected area of the carpet and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the damped cloth.
- Take a clean cloth and blot dry the stains. Keep changing the side of the cloth while getting slime out of carpet.
Even after using these carpet cleaning hacks to get the slime out of the carpet, you witness the slime, then call experts to use professional carpet cleaning Melbourne.