Ice cream stains can change the colour of your carpet and spoil its appearance. If you fail to remove ice cream stains completely, you are likely to experience yellowish and brownish spots on the carpet. Thus, if ice cream spills on your carpet, you must apply an effective carpet stain removal method to remove stains completely.
Stain Removal of Fresh Ice Cream:
If ice cream is not yet dried out, you can follow this carpet stain removal guide for carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
- Take a spoon and bowl. Using the spoon, transfer as much ice cream as possible from carpet to bowl. Make sure you don’t broaden the stained part. Collect ice cream from outwards to inwards. Also, don’t push down the stain during this process.
- Take a clean cloth and immerse it in club soda. Use this cloth to gently clean the ice cream from the surface.
- Take some paper towels and blot the area to remove excess water from the carpet surface.
Once you clean the carpet, use this carpet stain removal method.
- For this step of carpet cleaning in Melbourne, mix one tablespoon of liquid detergent in two cups of water. Mix it well by stirring it.
- Take a clean sponge and dip it into the cleaning solution you prepared in the first step.
- Use the sponge cleaning method to remove ice cream stains from the carpet fabric.
- Use a clean cloth and blot dry the affected area.
How to Remove Dry Stains of Ice Cream
If you come across dry stains of ice cream, use this method of carpet cleaning in Melbourne.
- Take a dull knife and scrape the dried ice cream.
- Apply a generous amount of liquid laundry detergent and rub the stain.
- Soak the affected part in the water for half an hour. Every five to ten minutes, rub the stained area using your fingers. This will help you loosen the stain and get it removed.
- After half an hour, rinse it with clean water.
- In this method of carpet cleaning in Melbourne, apply shaving cream directly onto the carpet area with ice cream stains.
- Take a soft bristle brush and rub the stained area with it. Be gentle, so you don’t harm the fabric of the carpet.
- Take some paper towels to gently clean shaving cream from the affected area.
- Rinse the affected area with a clean cloth soaked in water.
- Use a dry cloth to pat dry the carpet.
- Before using this method of carpet cleaning in Melbourne, check the manufacturer’s warning. Do not use this method if you have a wool carpet. You can also do a spot test.
- Mix 1 tbsp of ammonia into 2 cups of warm water. Mix it well to make an effective carpet stain removal solution.
- Sponge clean the affected area using the cleaning solution made in the above-mentioned steps.
- Rinse it with water after cleaning the ice cream stain.
If none of these carpet stain removal methods gives effective results, then you must call experts for carpet cleaning in Melbourne.