Carpet cleaning is often a daily cleaning regime in many houses. It keeps your carpet clean from the accumulation of dirt and dust. Along with a common carpet cleaning regime, you should also know some DIY hacks to clean the carpet. In this blog, we are going to share how you can remove grape stains from your carpet, whether it is light or dark coloured.
Before sharing the cleaning hacks to remove grape juice, we’d like to share some quick tips:
- Act quickly to soak up as much grape juice as you can with paper towels if you are present when it spilled on the carpet.
- Before applying any hacks of carpet cleaning in Melbourne or your city, always spot test it.
- Read the manufacturer’s warning to make sure if you can use certain carpet cleaning solutions or not.
How to Remove Grape Juice Stains from the Carpet at Home?
DIY Hack 1:
- Mix a half spoon of liquid detergent in a cup of water. The water should be warm.
- Take a microfibre cloth and moist it into the cleaning solution prepared in step 1.
- Dab and blot using the moist cloth in the stained area until the stain is cleaned.
- Don’t let the carpet get too wet. You can use a clean white towel to remove excess wetness from the towel.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for effective carpet cleaning in Melbourne or your city.
DIY Hack 2:
If the first carpet cleaning hack doesn’t remove the stain, then follow this cleaning guide:
- Take a cup of warm water and add a half spoon of ammonia. Mix it well to produce a cleaning solution to remove grape stains.
- Take a microfibre cloth, moist it in the cleaning solution.
- Dab the stained area with the moisten cloth to absorb the stain.
- If wetness increases on the carpet because of the dabbing process, blot it using paper towels.
- You can repeat steps 2 to 4 to remove the stains completely.
- Take a clean microfibre cloth, damp it in cold water and dab the area with it to remove the remaining carpet cleaning solution from the carpet.
DIY Hack 3:
One more effective DIY hack for carpet cleaning in Melbourne or your city to remove grape juice stains is as below. It is useful if you do not have ammonia or liquid detergent.
- Squeeze a lemon or two to get fresh lemon juice.
- Decant the fresh lemon juice on the stained area of the carpet.
- Take a clean, white cloth and blot the area. Change the side of the cloth if it gets wet.
- Take a toothbrush with a soft bristle and gently brush the area to remove the stain completely.
- Repeat the process 2 to 4 until you get rid of the grape stains.
- At the end of this carpet cleaning process, wash the carpet with cold water.