There are no ways to prevent spills and stains, but you can definitely use effective carpet cleaning hacks to keep your carpet well maintained. One of the commonly spilt drinks on the carpet is juice and it is likely to leave stubborn stains, stickiness, and odour on your carpet. Thus, it is necessary to get juice stains out of the carpet as sooner as you see them.
Clean Fresh Stains
- Fresh juice spill might not yet be transformed into a stain, so you must treat it immediately.
- Take some paper towels to soak up as much juice as you can. Press the affected area with paper towels to absorb the maximum possible stains.
- Continue blot cleaning the spill until it stops transferring to the paper towels.
- Pour some water directly on the stained area in the next step of this carpet cleaning hack.
- Use some more paper towels to blot clean the stain.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 multiple times to get juice stains out of the carpet completely.
Clean Juice Stains
If it is already too late and the juice spill has dried out, you need an effective stain removal guide to clean the carpet. For that, follow this carpet cleaning hack:
- Mix a half tbsp liquid dishwasher into one cup of warm water and mix it well to make an effective cleaning solution.
- Take a clean, white cloth and dip it into the cleaning solution. Use this damped cloth to gently clean the juice stains with the blot cleaning method. Don’t give too much pressure. Be gentle to ensure you don’t push the stains deeper.
- Continue this process of damping the clean side of the cloth and blot cleaning the area until you get juice stains out of carpet.
- In the last step, rinse the affected area with clean water at room temperature. It will remove the excess soapy solution from the carpet.
Clean Juice Stains
Another carpet cleaning method to get juice stains out of carpet is as below:
- Mix a half spoon of carpet cleaning shampoo in a bucket full of water. It must have around 2 litres of lukewarm water.
- Apply some amount of carpet cleaning solution on the affected area and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes to break stain particles.
- Blot clean the juice stains to transfer the stain from the carpet to the towel. You can use a white cloth or towel.
- Repeat steps three and four until the juice stain disappears.
- Rinse the affected area with lukewarm water.
Clean Stubborn Juice Stains
If juice stains are very stubborn and you are unable to remove them with any of the above-mentioned carpet cleaning methods, then you can use the following steps. It will remove any type of stubborn juice stains out of the carpet:
- Mix half tbsp ammonia into one cup of warm water and make a cleaning solution to remove stubborn juice stains from the carpet.
- Sponge clean the carpet with the carpet cleaning solution we made in the first step and blot dry the area with paper towels.
- Repeat step two multiple times to get juice stains out of the carpet wholly.
- Once you see, juice stains are removed, rinse the carpet with cold water.
Contact Toms Cleaning for Professional Steam Carpet Cleaning in Melbourne.