Some people use beer for emergency carpet cleaning to remove some types of stains, but what if beer leaves stains? Well, you must get your cleaning gears on to immediately get beer out of carpet.
We have some DIY hacks that you can use to remove beer stains and get results similar to professional carpet cleaning Melbourne.
Before trying any of these carpet cleaning hacks, the first thing you must do is blot up beer as much as possible from the surface using some paper towels or a clean, white cloth. It is the first step of emergency carpet cleaning to avoid dealing with stubborn beer stains.
DIY Hacks To Remove Beer Stains From Carpet
DIY Hack 1:
- Take a spray bottle and mix 2 tbsp liquid detergent in 1 cup of warm water.
- Spray this cleaning solution on beer stains. Let it work for five to seven minutes.
- Take a clean cloth and blot the stain.
- Mix 1 tbsp white vinegar and 2 cups of warm water. Pour this emergency carpet cleaning solution on the stained area.
- Take a sponge and blot clean the stain.
- Dust some baking soda on the stain and let it sit for 8 to 9 hours.
- Vacuum clean to get beer out of carpet with its stains and odour.
DIY Hack 2:
- Use this method if you have a light coloured carpet.
- Mix 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide in 3 tbsp lukewarm water. Mix it well to make an effective cleaning solution.
- Spray this solution on beer stains and leave it for a few minutes to get results like professional carpet cleaning Melbourne.
- Rinse it with water at room temperature.
DIY Hack 3:
- You can get a fabric-friendly carpet cleaning solution from any store.
- Use this carpet cleaning solution directly on beer stains to get beer out of carpet. Let it work for a few minutes.
- Rinse the cleaning solution with cold water to get effective results.
DIY Hack 4:
- Use white vinegar in diluted form on the affected area to remove beer stains.
- Take a sponge and gently blot the stains to get beer out of carpet.
- Take a clean cloth soaked in cold water and blot clean the white vinegar.
- Hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar can be harsh on some carpet fabric and should be used for emergency carpet cleaning. You must spot test an invisible area before using it directly on beer stains.
- Avoid using white vinegar directly on the carpet. Many articles recommend using it directly on carpet to achieve a result similar to professional carpet cleaning Melbourne. However, it can damage carpet fabric. You must dilute it in warm water before using it on the carpet.
- Always read the manufacturer’s warning before using any hack to get beer out of carpet.
You can also save yourself from all this hassle by using professional carpet cleaning Melbourne.