Ugly black edges of the carpet are common and it has nothing to do with regular vacuuming or carpet cleaning. Dark edges of carpet, which is commonly known as filtration soil, are the result of imbalanced airflow. If air penetrates your room and doesn’t flow out completely, it gets sucked through gaps. This causes dark edges of the carpet.
You cannot remove dark edges of the carpet with common methods of carpet cleaning, but you can definitely get rid of them with the right cleaning hacks.
Why is it Necessary to Treat the Black Edges of the Carpet?
- It looks ugly and spoils the look of your expensive carpet.
- It can cause heavy carpet discolouration.
- It can permanently damage the carpet.
How to Get Rid of the Dark Edges of Carpet?
- It is advisable to call professionals for carpet cleaning. They will have the required tools to clean the carpet completely.
- A professional team will use hot water extraction or steam carpet cleaning to remove dark edges completely from the carpet.
DIY Carpet Cleaning Melbourne to Remove Dark Edges
You can remove dark edges from the carpet using the following technique at home.
- Spray bottle
- Rubbing alcohol
- White, clean cloths
- Baking soda
Carpet Cleaning Method:
- Vigorously clean the dark edges of the carpet using the crevice tool attached to the vacuum cleaner.
- After that, attach a brush attachment and rigorously clean the carpet to lift up loose dirt.
- Dust baking soda on the black edges and make a thin layer of it.
- Take a scrub or a soft brush and start rubbing on the edges to remove them. This will loosen up the filtration soil.
- Leave the carpet for 60 minutes.
- The next step is to vacuum clean the carpet area with dark edges using a crevice tool.
- In the next step of carpet cleaning Melbourne, mix 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol with 3 tablespoons water. If your carpet is of light colour, you must use hydrogen peroxide of the same quantity instead of rubbing alcohol.
- Spray this solution on the affected area to moisten it. Please be conscious of not making it too wet.
- Use a clean white cloth and use it to blot clean the affected area. Keep changing the side of the cloth and keep blot cleaning it. If needed, you can moisten the carpet with the cleaning solution we have just made. Make sure you don’t rub it or push it hard.
- Now leave the carpet for 20 to 24 hours and in the last step, vacuum cleans it with a crevice tool.
- In the last step, you must shampoo your carpet with hot water to get results like the hot water extraction method.
If still the dark edges of the carpet are visible, then you need to use professional carpet cleaning from Toms Cleaning Melbourne.
Read Next Blog: Save Money with Toms Carpet Cleaning Melbourne