Compared to the carpets at home, commercial carpets in the office or in the business premises are exposed to a lot of dust and dirt due to the high foot traffic in offices. They are also more prone to staining because, unlike in homes, most offices do not require employees to remove their shoes outside. If the carpet in your office premises becomes dirty or stained, you can get it cleaned. However, you need to act quickly. If you are not able to remove the office carpet stains, you may need to call a company specializing in professional carpet cleaning in Melbourne immediately.
Here are the most common office carpet stains that you are likely to encounter and some easy hacks to get rid of them.
Tea and Coffee Stains
Tea and coffee are the go-to beverages for people working in an office. It powers workers through long working hours and tight deadlines. However, tea and coffee spillage can result in the formation of stains on the carpet that may be difficult to remove. Tea and coffee spillage is a common office carpet cleaning problem.
- Spilled tea or coffee needs to be immediately blotted with an absorbent cloth or towel.
- After blotting, water can be used to dilute the stain.
- For any residue or dried tea or coffee stains, a stain remover, depending on the carpet, can also be used.
If the stain has been on the carpet for a long time, you have to go for carpet cleaning to get rid of the tea or coffee stains.
Everyone has probably experienced ink spilling on the carpet as a result of a leaking pen.
- To remove ink stains from the carpet, you need to mix warm water and one teaspoon of laundry detergent in a bowl.
- Using a clean and absorbent cloth, gently dab the solution over the ink stain.
- The ink stain will slowly transfer to the cloth.
- Alternatively, you can also use rubbing alcohol for office carpet stains cleaning to remove the ink stains. Be careful to only dab and not rub over the ink stains.
Blood can get on the carpet due to accidental injuries or a cut while handling scissors or blades. When trying to remove blood stains from the carpet, sooner is better.
- The first step will be to blot up as much blood as possible.
- Applying cold water can prevent the blood from coagulating on the carpet.
- Blotting with carpet cleaner and warm water will help remove the blood that still remains.
Often, it becomes necessary to use professional carpet cleaning to remove blood stains.
Dirty shoes often bring in mud, which results in mud stains on the carpet.
- Instead of acting quickly, allow the mud to dry.
- Once the mud on the carpet is dry, scrape it off and vacuum it gently.
- To eliminate any remaining mud stains, take 1 teaspoon of dishwashing soap and add it to 1 cup of warm water.
- Blot this mixture on the mud stain with a cloth until it is completely removed.
Stains from wine or fruit juice
Wine or fruit juices are common during a party or a conference in the office.
- The best way to approach a wine or fruit juice spill is to first blot the liquid as much as you can.
- After this, use carbonated water to release the stain and continue to blot.
Office carpet stain cleaning is not difficult, provided you take the right steps at the right time. Professional carpet cleaning in Melbourne is an easy way to get your office carpet cleaned and make your entire office look the best.